All of my life I've been on a quest to find that one thing I could really excell in. I longed to do something creative and artistic. I tried drawing, pot throwing, painting. I was ready to dispair until I discovered that I was a pretty good baker. Now I'm obsessed with creating the perfect loaf of bread with the crackly crust and the tender crumb. I am not satisfied with it just tasting good, it must also be a work of art.
When I was a little girl my family moved to France. I became fascinated with the many different types and styles of baked items. It loaf, each pastry was so beautiful. A true expression of the artisan that created it.
Later, in my 20's I started baking school when I was at loose ends. Because we had to taste everything we made, I found that in 2 months time I'd put on 20 lbs. Baking school didn't last long, but it was a great thing to be able to pull out my recipes and bake bread or rolls and pastry when I wanted to impress. Now, in my 50's I don't worry as much about my weight. I press forward striving to create that perfect loaf. Hope you will come along with me. The journey is always more enjoyable when we take it with friends.
Love this! Can't wait to see all your great recipes!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Your blog looks great and I can hardly wait to see all the numminess you're going to share! :)
ReplyDelete